Our Current Travel Bucket List for 5 Years
Welcome to a new month, another week, and a brand-new travel blog post! Personally, I love to travel. You have probably gathered that based on this blog. However, my husband, Jarrett, did not grow up traveling. Therefore, it took until our honeymoon for him to really start looking at future travel as a reality, versus a far-out possibility. Travel comes up in conversation frequently at Casa Navedo, so here is a look at our travel bucket list for the next 5 years!
Okay, let’s divide this into domestic travel and international travel. We’ll start with our travel bucket list locations in the States first!
This should come as no surprise to those of you who read this blog. My sister, Elli, just moved out to Bremerton, Washington and will be there for at least 3 years! So obviously a trip out west is in our future!
Neither of us have been to the west coast, so exploring the Pacific Northwest will be so much fun! By the time we actually make it out that way, Elli and her husband, Brandon, should have had plenty of time to explore. Hope you’re ready to be tour guides to a lot of people!
Here are the things I want to see and do most while in the Seattle area (in no particular order):
- Visit Pike Place Market. I mean, this is a given for anyone who visits Seattle. Plus, food is the main reason I travel. Ha! Plus, we need to check out the disgusting, but fascinating, gum wall!
- Try all the donuts! Apparently there are multiple donut shops really close to my sister’s house. And I can bet there are some good shops downtown.
- Visit the Fremont Troll, a giant art installation beneath the Aurora bridge.
- Check out a local brewery. Also, a given for Jarrett and I!
- Head to the Sky View Observatory and/or the Space Needle.
- Apparently the Sky View Observatory offers better views of the city, but I feel you if you don’t visit the Space Needle, did you actually go to Seattle?
- Hike Mount Ranier. We love a good hike and should probably try to earn some of the donuts and craft beer we would inevitably indulge in!
- Visit Olympic National Park. Kind of a long drive, but it looks incredible!
Denver is a foodie’s dream and a major contributor to the world of craft beer, plus its surrounded by mountains! Despite never having visited, Jarrett and I have (jokingly) talked about moving out to Colorado because of what the area has to offer. Basically, we just want to eat, drink, and hike. Is that too much to ask for?
Here’s what we would 100% check off our list if we visited:
- Voodoo Doughnuts. Ha! Yes, this is #1 on the list for me. I dream about ordering a dozen to share and just trying a bite of all of the amazing flavors.
- Visit Red Rocks Amphitheater and (hopefully) see a show!
- Check out 5-10 breweries. Jarrett and I have previously spent a weekend in Burlington, Vermont, and went to 8+ breweries. As another craft beer mecca, it shouldn’t be hard to do in Denver!
- Have ice cream at Little Man. I have seen this place all over social media and it’s now a must-do.
- Go hiking! This is always on our list when we are somewhere with mountains and incredible views. Maybe in Rocky Mountain National Park?
Harry Potter World in Florida
Alright, this is really just on my bucket list. Jarrett has only read 3 of the Harry Potter books, so I’m going to have to work on that one. I, on the other hand, have read them all at least 4 times. #nerdandproudofit Ha!
Anyways, Jarrett has never been to Florida, so I definitely think he would enjoy the trip, even if he isn’t a massive fan of Harry Potter.
Must-do activities when we visit:
- Visit the shops on Diagon Alley.
- Drink butter beer.
- Get candy from Honeydukes.
- Take the Hogwarts Express between parks.
- Eat dinner at the Leaky Cauldron.
- Go on all of the rides!
Okay, my nerd status has officially been declared. Ha! Let me know if you have been before!
As far as our international travel bucket list goes, it certainly looks like we will be exploring a lot of chilly climates! I guess we were banking on going during the warmer months.
Iceland has been on our travel bucket list for a while and it appears that the rest of the world agrees. It is such a hot destination at the moment and everywhere you go on social media, someone is posting a gorgeous shot of Iceland. Jarrett wants to go for the Strongman history and I want to go for the landscape. Plus, if/when we move back to New England, it’s a quick flight from Boston!
Currently, here is what we would definitely do on our trip:
- The Blue Lagoon. I mean, everyone goes here and for good reason, right? We would love to sit in a natural hot spring!
- The Golden Circle Tour. Driving around the country and seeing a bunch of main attractions, all in one day? Count me in! You can also watch a geyser blow!
- Visit a waterfall or two. There are a number of gorgeous options, but the most famous is probably Gullfoss Waterfall.
- Visit a black sand beach.
- Take an ice cave tour. These look incredible!
- Visit Husafell, so Jarrett can carry the famous stone!
Scandinavia: Norway, Denmark, Sweden
I was shocked when Jarrett mentioned that he wants to visit Scandinavia! First of all, he’s never been to Europe. Second, it’s cold and he hates being cold! But, it is rich in Strongman history, so that is the main draw for him. I’m willing to travel just about anywhere, so its officially on our 5-year bucket list.
Here are our top destinations while in Scandinavia:
- Explore Bergen, Norway and see the fjords!
- Hike to Trolltunga in Norway.
- Take a train on the Flam Railway to Oslo.
- Visit Copenhagen, Denmark. I would love to eat lots of dessert 🙂
- Visit Stockholm, Sweden.
Have you seen those pictures of Lake Louise? If not, google it immediately. It is located in Banff National Park and I need to go. But, there’s more to Alberta than just this spot, so check out where we want to go!
- Banff National Park: Lake Louise. Read above and do as I say. You’ll see why. 🙂
- Moraine Lake. Just another gorgeous, perfectly blue lake surrounded by snow mountains.
- Drive Icefields Parkway. Apparently it costs money to do so, but from what I’ve heard, it is well worth the entry fee.
- Visit a brewery. Maybe Jasper Brewing Company?
- Go on the Glacier Skywalk. This looks insane and Jarrett, who is afraid of heights, probably would not join me on this one.
Alright, that’s our travel bucket list for the next 5 years! Have you been to any of these places? What’s on your travel list?